You may not enter this category if:
– You placed in any category higher than Amateur in a Miss Lyra State Heat or National Final in 2019.
– You are currently, or previously have been for 12 months or more, working as an aerial hoop instructor.
Not permitted in the Amateur category:
– Drops from the top bar (a slide in which body parts do not break contact with the hoop are permitted).
– Any drop or roll where hands break contact with the hoop.
– Continuous rolls (the same roll executed more than once in a row). A single roll is permitted.
– Any trick that requires the majority of the competitors body to be above the top bar (you may contact the top bar with hands, elbows, feet, knees etc in order to set up or hold a trick below the top bar).
– Inverting on the strap/rope (holding onto the strap/rope and lifting your body above your head).
– Foot, toe, heel or neck hangs.
– Shoulder mounts.
– The use of foot/hand loops.
Amateur routines must:
– Be no longer than 2.5mins in length.
– Include at least 2 separate spins below the hoop (spinning whilst inside the hoop does not count).
– An element of dance